Tefsil 5 Adhesive is a PTFE coated glass cloth tape (also known as Teflon ® tape) with a silicone adhesive applied to one surface of the materials that is heat resistant. The maximum working temperature of the adhesive is 260°C. It can be thermoset at by heating to 200°C for a 4 hour cycle.
Tefsil 5 Adhesive is our most popular PTFE coated glass cloth tape as it offer a long longer life than Tefsil 3 Adhesive but is at a cost that offer great value. Our “5thou” product has 250g/m2 of material too so please be sure to compare this to your current supplier as this is usually only 230g/m2.
Call us today on 0044 (0) 1422 366386 if you cannot see your width and we will slit it for you.
• Extremes of heat and cold resistance: -73°C to + 260°C
• Chemical inertness: Affected only by a few rare substances at very high temperatures
• High Release from sticky materials 'Non-Stick'
• Easy cleaning (nothing bonds permanently)
• Low friction co-effecient: 0.04 - 0.10; depending on load and surface speed
• Chemical corrosion and moisture resistance
• Mildew and fungus resistance
• Ultra-Violet, Infra-Red, Micro-Wave, Radio Frequency resistance
• Non Combustible - Self Extinguishing
• Low Thermal Expansion: < 5%
• Food Approval (USFDA)
Lightweight and energy efficient for economical operation>/td>
Availability: PTFE adhesive tape is available ex stock and can be supplied at any width from 3mm up to 2600mm wide.
Fabric Care: Do not fold or crease when handling and installing. The fabric can eventually discolour in sunlight (turns white), but otherwise is unaffected by biological or chemical agents, heat or cold within its temperature range, or by most areas of the electric magnetic spectrum.
The material can be converted to engineering product. Consult our Technical staff for further details. Also available chemically etched one side for proprietary adhesive bonding. Standard etch is silica based, sodium based etch is available on request.
PTFE (Teflon) begins to soften at 260°C, increasing in wear rate, Somewhat above 300°C fumes are given off and these should not be inhaled. COSHH data is available upon request.
• Coated Fabric Thickness (mm)
• Warp Tongue Tear Strength (N)
• Coated Fabric Weight (g/m2)
• Coating Adhesion (N/5cm)
• % Coating
• Peel Adhesion (N/2.5cm)
• Adhesive Weight (g/m2)
• Surface Resistance (Ω/m2)
• Warp Tensile Strength (N/5cm)
• Operating Temperature
-72 to +260
Important Storage / Shelf Life and Application Information
• Storage: We strongly recommend that Techbelt silicone PSA tapes are stored at room temperature conditions of 21⁰C (70⁰F) and 50% relative humidity and should be protected from direct sunlight and moisture.
• Shelf Life: If stored correctly, these products retain their performance and properties for 6 months from date of manufacture.
• Surfaces: The surfaces of the materials to be bonded must be dry and clean. Condensation of moisture on surfaces to be bonded (e. g. when carrying cold objects into a warmer room) must be avoided. The materials to be bonded must be free from dust, grease, oil and separating agents and cleaned if necessary.
• Cleaning: For cleaning the surfaces only use a clean cloth and a solvent that is compatible with the materials, e. g. benzines, alcohol, esters or ketones.