• Extremes of heat and cold resistance: -73°C to + 260°C
• Chemical inertness: Affected only by a few rare substances at very high temperatures
• High Release from sticky materials 'Non-Stick'
• Easy cleaning (nothing bonds permanently)
• Low friction co-effecient: 0.04 - 0.10; depending on load and surface speed
• Chemical corrosion and moisture resistance
• Mildew and fungus resistance
• Ultra-Violet, Infra-Red, Micro-Wave, Radio Frequency resistance
• Non Combustible - Self Extinguishing
• Low Thermal Expansion: < 5%
• Food Approval (USFDA)
• Lightweight and energy efficient for economical operation
Availability: PTFE adhesive tape is available ex stock and can be supplied at any width from 3mm up to 2600mm wide.
Fabric Care: Do not fold or crease when handling and installing. The fabric can eventually discolour in sunlight (turns white), but otherwise is unaffected by biological or chemical agents, heat or cold within its temperature range, or by most areas of the electric magnetic spectrum.
The material can be converted to engineering product. Consult our Technical staff for further details. Also available chemically etched one side for proprietary adhesive bonding. Standard etch is silica based, sodium based etch is available on request.
PTFE (Teflon) begins to soften at 260°C, increasing in wear rate, Somewhat above 300°C fumes are given off and these should not be inhaled. COSHH data is available upon request.